Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hoarders: Azeroth Edition - Love is in the Air

We now interrupt "Mini Pet Month" to bring you a special holiday edition of Hoarders. I'm sure you're all crushed, but fear not! Mini Pet Month shall resume next week and besides, it's not every day that you have the chance to acquire some of the nifty loot given out during special holidays.

What all does the "Love is in the Air" event offer to us hoarding types? The answer is: plenty! It contains not only fun dress up items, but also offers two different types of pets and a chance at an extremely rare mount. On top of all the items that can result in hoarding goodness, if you complete all of the achievements for Fool for Love you earn the title "the Love Fool" and are one meta achievement down for What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been, thus just a tad bit closer to receiving your Violet Proto-Drake! Let's get on to the list!


Wearable Collectibles
Forever Lovely Rose - 40% drop rate, now drops from a Heart-Shaped Box which you receive upon a successful (once daily) kill of Apothecary Hummel in Shadowfang Keep.
Vile Fumigator's Mask - 28% drop rate, now drops from a Heart-Shaped Box which you receive upon a successful (once daily) kill of Apothecary Hummel in Shadowfang Keep.

For all the men who want to look handsome:
Blue Dinner Suit
Purple Dinner Suit
Red Dinner Suit

For all the lovely looking ladies out there:
Lovely Black Dress
Lovely Blue Dress
Lovely Purple Dress
Lovely Red Dress


Random Collectible Items
The Heartbeaker - 5% drop rate, now drops from a Heart-Shaped Box which you receive upon a successful (once daily) kill of Apothecary Hummel in Shadowfang Keep.
Love Rocket (Fireworks)
Bouquet of Red Roses
Bouquet of Ebon Roses
Handful of Rose Pedals - Chuck 'em at people! Make the love rain, baby.
Lovely Rose - Make the people around you feel pretty!
Box of Chocolates - Buff up the one you love with some chocolate!
- Buttermilk Delight
- Very Berry Cream
- Dark Desire
- Sweet Surprise
Bag of Heart Candies - Tell them how you really feel.
- I'm all yours!
- You're mine!
- Hot lips.
- You're the best!
- All yours.
- I LOVE YOU
- I'll follow you all around Azeroth.
- Be mine!
Romantic Picnic Basket - A necessity for any romantic outing.

Pets
Toxic Wasteling - 33% drop rate, now drops from a Heart-Shaped Box which you receive upon a successful (once daily) kill of Apothecary Hummel in Shadowfang Keep.
Peddlefeet - Was once a drop, is now purchasable

Mount
Big Love Rocket - Incredibly low drop rate, and only you can ride your rocket of love (how does that work?!)


Saz's top 5 personal favorite Love is in the Air items:
Heartbeaker - It's a relatively useless item, but I'm "mean" and I like to run around breaking hearts : P
Lovely Rose - I don't normally stock up on this item personally, but I have a certain love for it. Last year someone ran up to me, used it on me, and left me feeling rather pretty (and giddy) for the duration that the item lasted.
Toxic Wasteling - I only saw one drop last year, so I don't have this little guy (yet...next year hopefully!), but I love him because he's adorable...and eats other little creatures.
Romantic Picnic Basket - Out of all of my holiday items, my picnic basket probably has been used the most. I just like picnics, okay?
Big Love Rocket - *Insert perverted jokes here* Really, it's a super rare mount...with zebra print...and is bright pink...why wouldn't I want this? The image above was taken during last years Love is in the Air event, and to my knowledge that was the only person on Aggramar that was able to nab this mount. Someday, I too will have a pink love rocket...I just have to find the right way to talk dirty to the RNG gods.

4.3 Additions
A new mount has been added in 4.3!
Swift Lovebird - A ground mount. Same model as the tallstriders you find in game, but it's pink! Can be purchased from your local Love is in the Air vendor for 270 Love Tokens.

The items that drop from Apothecary Hummel in Shadowfang Keep are still 346 ilevel blue items. Any random drop item (Big Love Rocket, Toxic Wasteling, etc) now drop from a Heart-Shapped Box, which can be gained once daily via the dungeon finder.


May you find some sort of love during this Valentine's day season, whether it comes from others or yourself, and may you be showered with lovely items that fill your inventory!

Love and Rockets,
Saz

4 comments:

  1. Don't limit the pantsuits to just the dudes! I happen to know for a fact that lady taurens look SMASHING in the festival pantsuits :) (And who doesn't love a male orc in a little black dress?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly didn't mean that the outfits couldn't be worn trans-gender...you can't help but love a male dwarf in a dress after all ; )

    You've just convinced me that my next character to create (for I've been debating on making another druid somewhere on the horde side) will be a female tauren, and I must get her a festival pantsuit somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have yet to get anything year. Sad, sad. WoW gods are still punishing for getting a rare sword that I can't use. But, I really want the Heartbreaker. I'll get my revenge while constantly breaking Donkey's heart until he lifts the hex he put on me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one just sitting in Saz's bags...it's a shame I can't just loan it to you. No worries, I'll blast him a bit for you whenever I manage to return : P

    ReplyDelete