Thursday, February 24, 2011

20 Days of...Introduce Yourself (Day 1)

So, today I was doing a bit of blog bouncing. I do this now and again for either giggles or out of boredom, and it often leads me to some brilliant little gems found only in the WoW blog universe. I had bopped on over through Ama's blog Specced For Drama and saw that she had taken up a sort blogging challenge. This blogging challenge was created by Démonique, the writer of the blog Spellbound.

Since I've had a certain lack of content lately, I've decided that I'm going to take up this challenge for giggles. Also, I've taken this up simply because I'm a complete sucker for Q&A things...I like to think of myself as much more interesting than I really am. We all have our quirks, right? Right.

Will I be doing this over 20 consecutive days? Unlikely, especially since I'm a) often lazy and unmotivated and b) I'd prefer to refrain from double posting in a single day. I will however do my best to try to fill out a new section on a semi regular basis. It's an adventure, and definitely something that I see to be a nifty exercise.

Perhaps I should get on with it already, eh?

Right...introductions. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/wave

I'm Saz/Sazzy/Sazzypants/Ginger/Guild Mom/Grandma/Kel/Kely (I refer to my druid as "Bek"...I don't respond well to "Kel" or "Kely" at all, and this leads to the occasional issue in PuGs)/whateverelseI'mplayingatthemoment.  


Saz Ingame
I've been playing WoW since sometime mid BC and I raided extensively in WotLK. In my time playing I've helped found two different guilds, raised 5 characters to level 80, lead more raids than I care to ever remember, and have managed to make some amazing friends along the way. For almost a year now I've more or less been on a forced WoW break due to a few factors: 

1) I moved back home due to some real life issues, and unfortunately home is located in the middle of a swamp, making it rather difficult to find a suitable connection. 10 months after moving here, I am happy to say I have a steady, wonderful connection that I'd absolutely love to game on.

2) Computers suck, as does lack of cash to fix that situation.

I'm actually not a huge gamer, but I am a hardcore World of Warcraft fan. While I love WoW for it's raiding and PvP, I don't really play it for those aspects specifically. I've always found myself playing for the people. I've always had guilds to take care of, people to see to, things to organize, friends to romp around with...the social aspect has kept me very much into the game itself. Not to mention WoW has helped me through some incredibly rough spots in my life (if you're new here and are wondering what that is all about, I put up a post on my Agoraphobic tendencies a while back).

I favor two classes above the rest: Shaman and Druid. This isn't to say that I don't absolutely love my Affliction/Demonology Warlock, Beast Mastery/Survival Hunter, Shadow/Discipline Priest, or any of my other baby alts, because honestly I love each and every one of them to bits. I just associate more with the shaman/druid classes on some strange personal level.
Shamans are spiritual visionaries of tribes and clans. These gifted warriors who can see into the world of spirits and communicate with creatures invisible to eyes of normal beings. They are beset by visions of the future and use their sight to guide their people through troubled times. Although the shaman may seem wise and serene at first glance, he is a formidable foe; when angered, his wrath is as fierce as those who have a connection to Eternals or nature.
 

We are the preservers of the balance, now and forever, as Malfurion lies in the Dreaming. Never forget this. - Kal of Dolanaar
Druids are keepers of the world who walk the path of nature, following the wisdom of the Ancients and Cenarius, healing and nurturing the world. To a druid, nature is a delicate balance of actions, in which even the smallest imbalance can create storming turmoil from peaceful skies. Druids draw their power from this wild energy, using it to change their shapes and command the forces of nature. Traditionally druids chose the path of a specific animal totem. Since the invasion of the Burning Legion, however, most druids have undergone a number of reforms, including encouraging the study of magic from all totems. Druids who do this are known as druids of the wild.
Druid Wowwiki 

I can't really explain why, but those class descriptions just...speak to me. When I originally rolled Saz, and much later on Kelebek, I had no knowledge of the classes, their abilities, or their lore. They shape shifted, and I thought that was the bees knees. It wasn't until later that I read their descriptions and felt a connection to the classes themselves, not just their abilities to shape shift.

I had been heavily playing a warlock over on Sen'jin horde prior to moving over to Aggramar alliance, but I really wasn't too keep on gnomes (being the size that they are) nor humans (the females and their saggy boobage.../sigh) so my warlock adventures were put on hold. I had loved running around as a ghost wolf during the few times I played my horde shaman, so I decided on rolling Saz just for that fact. So I slowly leveled up my little shaman, and proceeded to try to learn how to melt face...usually ending up dead in the process. It wasn't until much later that I was inspired to level my druid (who at a young age I thought was ugly as sin, and couldn't for the life of me level her past 14 because she died to fast in humanoid form and killed things too slowly in bear). Once I got kitty form, it was over. Over and done, son.

While I tend to lean towards the "help/heal others" and "be passive" philosophy in real life, my gaming play style seems to take a much more "destructive" and "be aggressive" approach.. I love playing the melee role. I like getting in there and getting dirty. I take particular glee in smacking upside the head with my axes and sinking my claws into an enemy. It's a great stress reliever for me. Don't mess with the melee momma.


Saz IRL
Real life Saz is a pretty typical, boring person. At least that's what I think. I'm approaching my mid 20s now. I am a complete tomboy, but physically I am quite female. As has been noted before, I am currently living back at home while I recover from a serious bought of depression and Agoraphobia.

Once upon a time I was a college stupid...err, student (I had to leave the typo in there), first studying music (first percussion for about a year to year and a half, then upright bass for roughly a year) and then switching to photography (preferred the black and white medium). Unfortunately my declining health, and seemingly luck, left me without much desire to continue the pursuits of anything creative. I ended up flunking out of school. WoW became my crutch, and slowly but surely it's helped me feel my way back into normalcy...along with some major support from friends and family, of course. Now I am once again beginning to get back to my creative roots, through both writing and various other forms of media. I was once decently clever, in my humble opinion. Definitely working on becoming clever again. Certainly plan on returned to school to get that ever so illusive, and apparently important, piece of paper declaring that I don't have poo for brains.

*Twenty minutes pass by...*

I am very easily distracted. While writing this I was reminded of my old Deviant Art account. I haven't touched that bugger in over two years, and opening it is like opening up a happy time capsule. I no longer use that handle, nor that account, but I felt like sharing it...feel free to take a gander. I have a new account now under my SerenitySaz handle that I started up a few weeks ago, but it's thus far bare...I'll be sure to mention it again and link it if I ever manage to put anything up on that site.

Where was I?

Right, I was babbling about myself.

I have pets, I love coloring books, I always wanted a horse but never got one. I've dreamed big; accomplishments have thus far been small. I'm a ginger kid, and if asked whether or not I eat souls, the answer is always "yes." (I'm a day walker, but I have to keep my street cred, yanno?) I type faster than I think, though sometimes I think faster than I can translate Heatherish to English, and everything seems to tumble around...nothing makes sense to anyone when that happens. I seem to growing into the Queen of Wall Text, and I've mastered critting faces through this talent. I love fuzzy socks and hate shorts. I live in the Great Lakes region and hate winter.

Someday I will make something of myself. Until that day comes though, I'm rather happy to tinker in my blog in my own little corner of the internet.

One day at a time, right? Right. 

(If this introduction of myself at any point ceased to make sense, I blame the brain soup. I'm in dire need of a giant straw to slurp out the suck. Also, I'm in the market for a red slushie. PST if you will deliver a slushie to my house. Mages, this may be a good market for you *hint hint*) 

One last note. Whenever I get tired, or distracted, I get ridiculous. I babble nonsensically. Feel free to laugh along as I poke fun of myself  ^_^

4 comments:

  1. Woo! I'm glad you're playing along.

    P.S. Wouldn't the red slushie cause the brain soup to freeze?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looked to enticing to not play along!

    Yes, the slushie would more than likely cause the brain soup to freeze, but at least it would be solid and not just sloshing around in my head. Not sure which is the lesser of the two evils now that you have me thinking about it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome how I'm finding new blogs to add to my reader through my little 20 days challenge :)

    Glad to see you're joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely happy to have stumbled across your little challenge. I had been feeling a certain void in content lately, and this just seems to have hit the spot! So thank you very much for putting it together : )

    I'm also certainly look forward to reading your Warlock posts. Gotta love blog hopping!

    ReplyDelete