Sunday, January 1, 2012

Resolutions

For the record, I am terrible with making resolutions. Long have I given up trying to make promises that I cannot keep. As it turns out I'm a pretty terrible liar, even to myself. So in general I strive to always keep one thing in mind, even in moments where it seems absolutely impossible to do so: stay positive. Doesn't always work, but I suppose that is why I chose the word 'strive' instead of the phase 'this is what I always do.' I guess it has something to do with being an imperfect human, or something.


Anyways, random story time. As I was streaming tonight a broadcast popped up in my chat box from Xfire. It wasn't a warning about behavior, nor was it a message about them having to do maintenance on anything. No, it was simply a sweet message from the Xfire team wishing its users a Happy New Year. I thought I'd share this message with you all since I couldn't have come up with better words myself for this occasion.

"Let this new year be better than all the others. Vow to do some of the things you have always wanted to do but could not find the time. Call up a forgotten friend. Drop an old grudge, and replace it with some pleasant memories. Vow not to make a promise you think you can not keep. Walk tall, and smile more. Do not be afraid to say, I love you. They are the sweetest words in the world. Happy New Year!"

I can't promise to do any of these things personally, for it could end up being a promise that I may unknowingly (or possibly knowingly) break, but I think everything in that message is something to strive for. There's never harm in trying to go after the positive things in life.

To new relationships, new friends, new guilds, new jobs and new beginnings. To better health and better luck. To new projects, new ambitions, and new adventures. May your well of inspiration and hope never run dry, and may this year rock harder than the last.

Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. Happy New year Saz! Hope it's a good one <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you as well Angelya! I hope yours ends up being excellent as well <3

    ReplyDelete