Friday, March 11, 2011

WoS Updates + Misc News

Happy Friday all, I hope this post finds you well in the world.


First I'd like to cover some relatively minor things pertaining to WoS.

Polls: There's a new poll up on the right hand side of the page, please click buttons to your little heart's content. I'm a horribly curious/sometimes nosy person, and I love the numbers that come from polls. The last poll showed me that I had a rather large (read: my reader base is still pretty small, so the ratios are probably skewed quite a bit) portion of Horde readers. So, hello to my Horde brothers, sisters, and everything in between! Zug zug and all that ^_^

Link Love: I've retitled "The Guide Book" as Resources/Blog Roll. Please check out the many great sites and blogs I have listed there, they are all well worth your time.

Guides: All of my guides are now listed under "Guides." My "Raid Leading for Dummies" and "How to Become a Raider" guides still need revamping, but the totem guide has been brought up to date. The rest should more or less still be okay. If I have improper information on any of those guides, please feel free to let me know.

Ads: There has been a single ad strip up on my page for a bit now, but I haven't really pointed it out any. Please feel free to check out any of the (proper) links that it provides. Any revenue generated through the ads on this blog will be put forward into getting myself back into WoW and thus hopefully in return that shall produce a better blogging product for you all. If there are any ads of sketchy content that pop up, please let me know. I have yet to see any gold selling ads or any ads of bad content as of yet, but I will happily blacklist anything of poor value.

Articles: I finally reinstalled WoW Model Viewer the other night, and hope to start putting out The Rack again. While I have a few ideas of my own, any clothing combination ideas are certainly welcome! I love input/feedback/participation. Please, don't be shy.


Secondly I'd like to address a few RL things more or less pertaining to me and this blog.

Computer Issues: I've been having a ton of errors and crashes lately within my browser, and while this may or may not be Firefox related, it greatly concerns me and affects the performance of my dinosaur laptop. After a day or so's worth of work, my machine basically bogs down/lags to the point where I have to force a restart. I fear that this machine may only have a few months to live. In the case that it's sooner than expected, I may accidentally disappear for a bit. Don't fret too hard though, if that happens I have some short term backups that should allow me to let you all know wtf happened this time.

WoW: I still am unfortunately not able to get back into game due to the previously mentioned dino laptop + RL finances. I have a determined goal set for myself to return to the game prior to Children's week though. It will happen! *Game Face* Regardless of this fact, I'm keeping up to date on things as much as possible and by no means will I be slowing down my blogging. What can I say, I'm an obsessive die-hard and it's kind of disgusting : P Of course due to me being out of the game as long as I have been now, I may miss a few of the newly implemented factors in some of my posts/guides. Please don't be shy about correcting me about these mistakes, I honestly would appreciate it.


Lastly and most importantly, I'd like to touch on RL world events that doesn't pertain to my little corner of the WoW world.

Japan: Unless you live under some strange rock that some how includes my blog but excludes world news and the world of Twitter, you've probably heard about the huge earthquake that hit Japan, and are now hearing about the various Tsunamis that are not only affecting Asia and the surrounding areas, but the American/Canadian coastlines as well. Please, if you're the praying type, keep the families and folks affected by this natural disaster in your prayers, and if you're not the praying type, positive thoughts never go amiss.

By the sounds of it, the Red Cross is taking donations to help out the Japanese and those affected by this rather large natural disaster. If you're able and feel so inclined to donate, please follow that link. It should direct you in the right direction.

If you're within the quake zone or in the areas under the Tsunami warnings, please stay safe.


That is all I have for this update. Until the next post, keep your feet dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment