Friday, March 25, 2011

Fun Fun Fun...

Happy Friday all!

...what? Why are you all glaring at me?
Oh, it's about the title of this post, isn't it.
I'm sorry, the plague is in my head too.
Please stop glaring, I said I was sorry!

*Worried/scared face* ...Anyways mmm, right. Updates.

This week I'd like my Friday post to have two purposes: 1) To inform you of what minor tweaks I may have made to the site and 2) To shift what little bit of a spotlight I have onto some other blogs that I think are pretty neat. So let's get down to it.


Updates
- I have had my first incident of scraping. I almost feel like an official blogger now because of it! So if you have happened to stumble across this post, or any post by me for that matter, and you're not actually on World of Saz, please swing on by the site. It's much nicer over here, I assure you. Not to mention I rather enjoy the company :  )

- If you haven't done so already, please swing by and cast your vote on my random poll! You have about a week left to participate in this particular poll until it closes and I will have to put up a new one. It's not mandatory that you cast a vote, but it's a silly little feature on my page that I really get a kick out of.

- If you've looked at my links listed under "Saz's Links" within the past day or two, you may have noticed that I have added a new link! It leads to my Twisted Nether Wiki page. If you're a new blogger I'd definitely suggest checking out the Twisted Nether Wiki list both to find other blogs and to perhaps get yourself listed. It's a pretty neat feature that those folks over at Twisted Nether give our community, I think. Please, make use of it!

- If you have any critiques, questions, concerns, general comments about this blog (you know, the ones that may not fit with the theme of one of my typical posts), or anything whatsoever that you'd like to badger me about, by all means please either drop a comment on one of my Friday posts or even drop me an email if you'd like (Hint: email address is located in my About Me/Contact shpeel if you couldn't find it). I'm more than happy to answer any and all questions, no matter how silly they may seem! I know I've said it a few times before, but I shall say it again: I don't bite! At least not hard...


Blogs to Dig
The Rusty Blade - This blog popped up on my radar earlier this week. Mhorgrim puts out some fairly impressive walls of text I must say, and has some fairly decent topics that he likes to ramble on about. Give him a look-see.

Bible of Dreams - Not only does Anexxia provide some very nice Shadow Priest information, but she also writes generally about how things simply are in WoW. I love the lists presented in this blog, and the general positive vibe of Bible of Dreams. Certainly worth your time regardless if you play an SPriest or not.

Life in Group 5 - This blog isn't just about Shaman healing. It isn't cornered down into being strictly a blog for healers. While yes Life in Group 5 does cover these subjects and covers them extremely well, Vixsyn can also often be found writing about gaming in general. This woman's writing puts mine to shame 10x over. She is amazing. So if you're a Resto Shaman just starting out, a well seasoned veteran, or simply looking for some seriously excellent writing about WoW, Life in Group 5 is definitely for you.

Feral Aggression - FA is for those of you cool cats out there (aka Feral Druids) who are looking for both PvE and PvP information. Vallen's blog is right up there with The Fluid Druid on my list of go-to feral sites. Check it out!

Orcish Army Knife - Love lore? Maybe you'd like some slick tips on how to raid as a Death Knight. Like the idea of great writing served to you by a dashing Orc? Rades has you covered. And while you're having your mind blown by his wonderfully crafted posts, be sure to take some time to check out his NaNoWriMo project Letters from Northrend. You shan't be sorry.


This is just a very small handful of the many wonderful blogs I enjoy. If you're curious about who else I read, please visit the "Resources/Blog Roll" tab at the top of my blog's page. There is some seriously excellent work in there, I assure you.

Hopefully by next week I will have a nice little list of programs/podcasts to pimp out to you all, so keep an eye out for that.

I think that is it for this update. If I've missed something I'll either blab on about it on Twitter or include it in next week's update. Or both. Probably both. Unless I forget.

Have a great weekend everybody!

5 comments:

  1. Saz,
    Thanks for the shout out! I most appreciates it. Nice update you have running and I like how you catagorize your blogroll, it makes it easy for readers to check out other resources for different topics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... now that Daddy took the T-bird away?

    I've been dropping by now and then and really enjoy your "Hoarders" posts -- those are lots of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mhorgrim - You're more than welcome sir! Thanks for the feedback. My blog roll is not only categorized like that for the folks who choose to use it, but also for the sake of easy referencing for me with my alts. The giant chaos list I originally had just wasn't cutting it! Definitely glad to hear that you like it and that it's helpful.


    @Kamaliaetalia - Yes, we shall go with that! : D

    Glad to hear that you're enjoying Hoarders! It's by far my favorite feature on my blog, so it makes me way excited that folks are digging it. Thanks a bunch for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link and the kind words, Saz! :D I replied to your comment on the Letters homepage, but re: Cataclysm lore/letters, I'll have to see! I don't think I "know" the Cata lore as well as I did the Wrath stuff, but November is a ways off, so who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are more than welcome Rades, you deserve all of that and more, seriously!! : D

    If you do a Cata edition, I'd be ecstatic. If you don't manage to, that's okay! You still have an amazing little project well worth browsing through. I'm horrible with lore myself, so reading your work makes a lot of the story line click for me. So please keep up the fantastic writing sir ^_^

    ReplyDelete