Monday, March 7, 2011

20 Days of...Your Best WoW Memory (Day 4)

Yet another installment of Saga's 20 Days of... questionnaire/challenge/thingy!


There have been many, many memorable moments for me in WoW. There have been many a night where good laughs were had, ridiculousness has ensued, and loot to have been won. There is definitely one event though that clearly sticks out in my mind when asked about my "best" WoW memory.

Late one October day an incredibly groggy Saz logs onto World of Warcraft. It was in the evening and I had just woken up from yet another not-so-great sleep, and I was groggy as they come. Anyways, I logged into WoW and right away I get a "Saz, get in vent now. Also, get in this raid group."

Now, a groggy Saz is an incredibly slow Saz. Groggy Saz brain went into panic mode when the first thing she encountered upon logging in was "Get in vent now." My thought process was as follows:

Was there a coup?
Did some major drama happen whilst I was sleeping, and did we lose half of the guild?
Did one of the officers get hacked...is the guild bank okay...is the guild still in tact?
Oh my god, wtf is going on?!

Enter Saz revving up to go into full blown momma GM mode.

So, I log into Ventrilo and I get a "Saz, come to the beer garden (in Dalaran)." Needless to say, I was really friggen puzzled. So I waggled my little Shaman butt over to the beer garden, and what did I see? Why, several guildies mulling about. Further puzzlement ensued as I took a seat at one of the picnic tables. I was overly worried at this point since I still had no idea what was going on, and no one was telling me.

Eventually a trade window opens up.
Gold is put into said trade window.
20k gold to be exact.

*Groggy Saz poops self a little and is confused even further!*

Then I received the command to go buy myself a Traveler's Tundra Mammoth...Uh, what? Hang on, you want me to do what? Buy a friggen Mammoth?!

Dazed and confused (not to be confused with the movie), I toddled on over to Mei Francis and did as I was instructed to do: I purchased a Traveler's Tundra Mammoth. Once the achievement popped, there was much cheering from those in the raid chat and in vent. I was stunned, flabbergasted, in disbelief; I had a vendor mammoth.

The whole event was kind of like some kind of weird zombie dream, but once it kind of sunk in what had happened, I was over the moon. My beloved guildies had pooled enough gold together to buy me, ME of all people, a mount. I don't think I was ever quite able to convey the amount of thanks I felt to them about this gift. I did my best I could though with giving people rides around Dalaran for what seemed to be hours.


His name is Malcolm. He may not be my favorite mount to ride, but he is by far one of my most favorite mounts ever. Malcolm has been a blessing to have during all those long nights farming, has been great to have during various raids where someone may have accidentally forgot/ran out of reagents, or has just been fun to have in general. I favor him so much that he actually got a name; only two of my mounts have ever actually been named, the other being Sally Struthers, the first mount I ever purchased.

So there you have it. My favorite memory + my favorite in game present (or at the very least, the most expensive!) ever.

4 comments:

  1. That's so cool! It must have been quite a shock to be ordered to go buy that mount and given the gold to do it *lol* Awesome story/memory :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really was quite a shock. I still get a bit blown over by the idea whenever I think about it haha. Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I remember that!! I have screen shots of it. We were so excited when we finally got enough gold. We were very impatiently waiting for you to log on! Honestly, we were shocked you didn't have any clue. We would even talk about it in guild chat when you weren't on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a grand total of four screen shots. How on earth do I not have more?! I really was out of it...

    Yeah, I had absolutely no clue about it at all. Either I was overly oblivious (completely possible), or you all were incredibly sneaky (also completely possible). I mean, I was so dumbfounded that I only took four screen shots, FOUR!! I'm usually such a shutter bug...

    One of the shots is actually me sitting next to you on a bench, and you had your oozeling out. Not quite sure why I took that one, seeing as though I still had no clue wtf was going on, but I took one regardless!

    ReplyDelete