As of late I've been back into one of my anti-productive, nothing gets written funks. I'm not sure if this is due to the fact that Azeroth has once again provided me with one excellent distraction, if my creative juices have been over tapped, or if I've simply become a bit lazy. It may very well be a combination of all of the above. However, I am posting right now to help combat some of this lack of blogging ambition for both me personally and perhaps even you.
I am posing a challenge to you all. This is a creative challenge that may not necessarily be writing heavy (though it can be if you so choose!), but it will require you to have some visual flare. I am offering you all a screen shot challenge. Fifteen days of screen shots that is; yes this was inspired a bit by Saga's 20 days of... challenge, but I wanted to do something with a bit of a visual twist.
Now, there are a few points that go along with taking on this challenge, so let me lay them out for you. I promise I'll try to make this process as painless as possible!
- All screen shots posted should be taken by you. If they are taken by a good friend of yours, permission to use the image and credit must be given.
- Get as creative as you like. *Most* shots should be of the sort that doesn't include the UI, but there are naturally a few exceptions, such as you wanting to show off an achievement pop or something of the sort.
- Edits and effects are fine, so long as they're not completely photoshopped and you can still very much tell that it's from World of Warcraft.
- Have fun with this challenge. You may participate in this as little or as often as you please. You don't have to post 15 consecutive days or anything of that sort.
- Link it up. If you participate in this challenge, please leave a link to your blog in the comments of this post so I can track who is all in on this. I'd like to make up a master list of those of you who partake in this little project and it would be a tad bit difficult if I can't find you all!
- Explain as little or as much as you want. While the meat and potatoes of this challenge lies within the screen shot you post, you may explain the hows and whys for your reasoning of choosing such an image or event. The screen shot should be able to stand on its own, but words are more than allowed to enhance the experience.
- You may, if you so choose, to do the topic suggestions out of order. Just be sure to keep track of the ones you have already completed!
- Lastly and once again, have fun with this challenge! This is meant to help alleviate writer's block and to give us something slightly different to work on. Be visually creative along with being word creative. Tinker with something you may not have explored before. Exercise a different portion of your brain for once! Just have yourself some good ol' fashioned fun, and be sure to hit that screen capture button while you're at it.
1. Favorite hangout
Find yourself perching in a particular tree as a druid? Have a certain hovel you like to hang out in on your undead rogue? Show us where it is, and why your character hangs out there.
2. Player Housing
If you were to claim a place to call your own, where would it be and why?
3. Representing You
Show us an image that represents who you are, either in Azeroth/Outland or in real life.
4. Greatest Accomplishment
Proud of a boss kill? Excited about taming that rare? Over the moon about getting a title? Show us your greatest in game accomplishment!
5. Title of Choice
Show us an image of you pimping your favorite title and give us a reason why you dig it so much.
6. Favorite Line of Poetry/Lyric
Most of us have a favorite poet or song. Give us an image that you think represents your favorite line, or what line inspires you most. You should probably include said line and *maybe* give some explanation/reasoning behind it, unless you're feeling overly ambiguous.
7. Best Screen Shot of the Year
Show us the best screen shot you believe that you have ever taken and why you think it is the best (content, meaning, how you framed it, etc).
8. Vacation Spot
If Azeroth was the real world, where would you vacation to?
9. Your Character's Hometown
We all have the same starting zones where we begin our various quests, but where does your character actually hail from?
10. Your WoW Crew
Who are the people you hang out with day in and day out? Do you only hang out with your raid mates? Do you have a small, tight knit group of friends that you hang out with? Or are you a strange longer who just hangs out with your pets?
11. Profession of Choice
Show us an image of you doing what you like to do best.
12. Inspiring Imagery
Show us something that inspires you within World of Warcraft. This can be a character, a person, scenery that leaves you in aw, or whatever it is that strikes a cord in you. The inspiration it creates can be anything as well: Has this character inspired you to roll a certain class? Does a certain zone make you long to write a story about your character adventuring through that particular area?
13. A Fond Memory
Shed a little tear, grin a little grin, and show us an image that invokes a fond memory for you.
14. Place Swap
If you could be any of your characters, who would you be and why?
15. A Fairy Tale Image
World of Warcraft is often described as cartoony and looking a bit, well, fairy tale-ish. Take a screen shot that makes you think of a fairy tale - use Disney inspiration if you must! Feel free to edit this screen shot a bit to enhance the fairy tale feel, or just get super creative with that in game camera!